Cardiac Device Specialist, Full Time
PaceMate™ Cardiac Device Specialist (full-time)
Primary Location: Contiguous United States (remote)
Position Description: A PaceMate™ Cardiac Device Specialist remotely monitors patients with cardiac implantable electronic devices (CIEDs) utilizing PaceMate™’s proprietary software. A Cardiac Device Specialist utilizes knowledge of cardiac electrophysiology and biomedical engineering concepts to assess the technical function of the patient’s CIED, analyze and interpret device and patient diagnostics, and perform accurate clinical documentation as determined by PaceMate™’s best practice standards.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Integrate a knowledge base from physiology, pathophysiology, and cardiac device function to perform competent evaluations, diagnostic review, and overall analysis through remote monitoring
- Recognize abnormal functions of pacemakers, defibrillators, ILRs and CRT devices and recommend strategies to address and correct issues
- Communicate with PaceMate™ clinical team and providers regarding CIED function and diagnostic data through accurate, professional, and standardized documentation
- Complete scheduling protocols for remote monitoring per best practice and PaceMate™ guidelines
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and follow all Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Protected Health Information (PHI) standards/protocol
- Support and contribute to PaceMate™’s patient-centered care philosophy: Every teammate is a caregiver whose role is to meet the needs of the patient.
Education, Experience, and Core Competency Requirements
- Bachelor's or associate degree required
- Experience in related field—nursing, medicine, electronics or engineering
- Successful completion of a cardiac device rhythm management course or equivalent experience
- Minimum two years of recent cardiac device management experience
- Experience with interrogating and interpreting device diagnostics for all 4 major manufacturers (Medtronic, Abbott/St. Jude, Boston Scientific, Biotronik)
- Cardiac rhythm management industry training and experience preferred
- Additional preferred certifications—Certified Cardiographic Technician (CCT), Registered Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES), International Board of Heart Rhythm Examiners (IBHRE) Certifications (CCDS, CEPS, CDRMS)
- Proficiency with collaboration applications and software (Microsoft Office Suite, Teams, Slack)
Company Description: PaceMate™, is a complete, fully automated, vendor-neutral software + expert-service solution, filtering data into clinically actionable information and providing customized alert triage, as well as automated coding and claim prep. Cloud-based. Secure. Compliant. For more information about PaceMate™, visit pacemate.com.
Joining the PaceMate™ Team means becoming a vital part of a group that is dedicated to using technology to benefit patients, caregivers, and hospital administrators while driving healthy turnkey solutions that identify lost revenues and inefficiencies.